Tuesday, July 29, 2008

STOMP!

The perfect follow up to Spiderman was the Off Broadway Show... STOMP! These guys rocked harder than anyone I've ever seen! Literally, this was the best live show I've seen in my life. This wasn't the watered down traveling version on the huge stage. As awesome as that is... this was at a small theater that is devoted to this show. It's been there for years... this place doesn't do other shows. The walls were lined with subway signs, dishes, pipes, street lights, trash cans, car doors, you name it. If you've seen anythign related to STOMP, then you know what I'm talking about. The theatre couldn't have held more than 1 to 2 hundred people and that's including the balcony. It was a small place. We were packed in like sardines, but it just didn't matter. The second the show started (with nothing but one guy and a shop broom) you were mesmerized. It was full of humor without anyone ever saying a word. That, combined with the pure adrenaline filled, awe inspiring, heart pounding, rhythms made it the show of the century. The sounds reverberating off of the walls echoed in our bones and by the time we left we were physically exhausted! The only downside was that there weren't any pictures allowed. So... I've got a pic of the sign that will be added as soon as I can get it off of my camera. I forgot to put the memory card in, so I'll have it up as soon as I can get a cable to get it straight from the camera.

No comments: