Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 4 - Big Boy Toys

This was a day of child-like indulgence! We started the morning off walking by Rockefeller Center and hitting the Godive Chocolate store. Ok... let me say it again so it sinks in... the GODIVA Chocolate Store. Oh my gosh! That place should be illegal! It's crack with a warm sugary center! I paid 4 dollars for what amounted to a Reese's Peanut Butter cup. The crazy part... I'd do it again! I washed down the peanut butter cup with a shake labeled "Milk Chocolate Decadence." It was so expensive and good that I labeled it "Picture Worthy." Sorry the image is a little fuzzy, but I had trouble holding the camera at this point...



After the Godiva store, we stopped off at the Apple store for a minute and then went into FAO Schwartz. Ok... the Apple store looked pretty... that's about all I can say. It was WAY over crowded. (yah, it's NYC, I get it.. don't care...) It was pretty cool... basically a big square room with all the Apple stuff you could imagine. Everything in the store was expensive. (part of being Apple) There was even a bar where Mac people could go ask questions of Mac experts. Apparently, this is widely used, because there was a long line to talk to the Mac Gurus. Honestly tho... it just made me happy to be a PC guy. The Mac culture is just too thick for me.


FAO Schwartz had every stuffed animal ever created by mankind... If you're into stuffed animals and are tired of building your own bear... go here. Harrison loved the huge keyboard (the one from the Tom Hanks movie "Big") and we got to get pics with life-sized replicas of R2-D2, Chewie, and Vader.







Toys R Us was the next big stop... I promise... this is NOT the Toys R Us you're used to. Does yours have a ferris wheel in it? Does yours have a life-sized animatronic T-Rex in it? ....... I didn't think so.






After Toys R Us we stopped back at the apartment to recuperate for a while, and then walked across the Brooklyn bridge. This was an awesome sight! Everyone should take a walk across this bridge at least once in their life.


I was "All Along The Watchtower"..... get it? (don't care... I thought it was funny... that's all that matters... Amy and Robert groaned at that one too... LOL)




That was it for this day... We had a blast, but we were TIRED. Robert and I only got about 4 hours of sleep this night though... at 12:30 in the AM we hit the IMAX and saw the late night showing of "The Dark Knight." We'd already seen it once on a regular screen... but we're from Texas. BIGGER IS BETTER! For those of you who've seen it, remember the pencil trick? The pencil was the size of a buick! It was great! For those of you who haven't seen this groundbreaking most wonderful Batman film of all time... slap yourself right now and then go see it. It's that good. YOU WANT TO SEE THIS ONE IN THEATRES! DO NOT WAIT FOR THE DVD, JUST GO.


I'll be posting more as I can. I was gone for a week... I've been back at work for over a week... and I feel like I'm still a month behind... but I have a lot more pics to work with now, so I'll be posting more ASAP. (Yes mom, I promise....)




No comments: